Minimum Experience Requirements:
The Senior Division Order Analyst is responsible for the analysis of the company’s internal ownership, calculating the company’s interest (3rd parties where applicable), the setup and maintenance of property master information along with related divisions of interest and auditing assigned geographical exception reports under limited supervision and reporting to the Supervisor, Division Orders for an assigned area.
In This Role, You Will
▪ Independently analyze title data, conveyances, leases, marketing clauses and related contracts to accurately calculate company’s interest
▪ Process division orders/checks received from operators/purchasers ensuring interest and marketing terms are correct
▪ Identify properties with interest discrepancies and follows up with external parties to resolve.
▪ Research payments on wells not set-up in company records and processes accordingly
▪ Work with owners/operators to resolve interest discrepancies and/or title issues as needed
▪ Provide backup for all interest changes and new well setups in SharePoint for Quality Assurance and SOX purposes
▪ Maintain Division Order Matrix worklog to reflect current status
▪ Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders
▪ Lead or participate in special projects, as assigned by management
▪ Assist in mentoring and training Division Order Analysts and Techs
What We Require
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Business, majoring in Finance, Economics, Petroleum Management, Law, Energy Management or Management; or related industry experience
▪ At least eight (8) years of division order experience in Land Administration
▪ Experience in the Permian play a plus
▪ Experience in Quorum preferred
▪ Strong analytical skills including problem-solving, complicated computations and the ability to quickly manage a high volume of new wells and acquisitions
▪ Precise computation skills and rapid problem-solving ability
▪ Strong understanding of how division order data feeds to and interfaces with Revenue Accounting, Accounts Payable and Joint Interest Billing.
▪ Highly developed knowledge of computer software including experience with calculations, VLOOKUPs and pivot tables in Excel.
▪ Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a small team environment as well as with external parties
▪ Ability to function independently and is self-motivated
▪ Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and comply with stated deadlines
▪ Good understanding of oil and gas and mineral leasing
Black Stone provides a competitive suite of employee benefits including competitive compensation, company paid vacation and sick time off, eight designated company holidays along with two individual floating ys, health insurance benefits, company match 401(k) and much more.